Monday, November 29, 2010

Weeks 3 and 4

I raced injured for the majority of this year and am committed to not doing that again in 2010.  Luckily IMFL is in November and I have plenty of time to heal, and build my running base back up.  There's not much to say because training right now is quite different from what I will be doing next year.  Rejoined LA Fitness so I can do yoga, spin, and lift weights.  Swimming one day a week and long rides on Sundays. 

Yesterday's ride was a drag.  I went from 16.6 avg mph to 14.4 for the same distance and course.  The wind was 10-15 mph and I went from loving Silk Sheets to hating it.  I mentally couldn't do it yesterday and wished I was off the bike almost the entire time.  The highlight of the ride was when a deer came flying across the road chased by two dogs.  It was a beautiful sight.

I ran the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving day with Jeannine and although it was a ball because we took our time and made many stops, I realize in retrospect, that it was not moving me towards recovery.  I'm headed off to see Dr Julien today so I can find out exactly what is wrong, and discover his path to health.  I am guessing it's 3-4 more weeks of not running.  There is plenty of time.  No need to hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment