Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Week 7: Letting Go

I found out this week that I don't have a stress fracture and can begin running and cycling again.  I plan on letting go of everything I knew to be true about running from last year and start from scratch.

Letting go.  It's an interesting concept.  I don't know about you but I seem to hold onto things when I shouldn't.  Sometimes I hold onto things that aren't even in my possession.  Maybe sometimes it's good to just let go and start over.  The new year always seems a great time to do this.  Wipe the slate clean.  Start fresh. (Yeah, you can read between the lines and realize I'm not just talking about running.  Be my guest.)

My plans?  To do the airsquats I should have been doing.  Use the blue band Dr Sadri gave me.  Do all of the hip, glute, and quad exercises I need to be doing.  And slowly start running again.  Take care of my body this time instead of beating it into the ground.  Stretch.  Ice. Massage.

I'm also going to spend the next 12 days off from work cleaning out my basement and house and getting it ready for the 2011 Tri Season.  I'm excited.  I'm giddy.  I'm happy once again.

There are a lot of ups and downs training for triathlons.  I'm letting go of the downs and invite you to do the same.  Let's get out there and get ready for 2011.  I get the chills just thinking about how completely remarkable and fantastic it is going to be.

3 comments:

  1. I'll toast to that. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the journey, Patti and never forget the days that exercise makes you feel euphoric. Sure, you will have those days where you dread it but all the memories I have over 30 years are in the first category...which is why I still do it ;-)

    ReplyDelete