Thursday, January 6, 2011

Week 9: The new year

I skipped last week because there wasn't too much to say.  And I wasn't really sure how excited I was going to be for the new year but I'm actually amazed about the energy and electricity I am feeling.

I set some goals for this year.  And every year I also write down things I don't want in my life anymore and I burn the piece of paper.  Symbolic, I know, but I still enjoy doing it.

And somehow the simple act of doing that is working.  And getting rid of the things that were blocking me has really helped me find peace.  And life seems so much easier and I'm looking forward to what this year will bring.

Maybe it's the calm before the storm?  But I really dig where I'm at right now.  Looking forward to doing REV3 Half ironman distance in May.  Doing the Gulf Coast relay in May the weekend before REV3 with Lee as my partner in crime.  Swimming 5,000 meters in July.  Augusta 70.3 in September.  And of course, Ironman Florida in November.

So although I am too shy to state my goals publicly, just know that I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be a rather incredible year for me.  And my wish is that it is for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment