Friday, April 29, 2011

Week 25: Loving the bike

Short post for this week:

Physical therapy is going rather well.  I feel like my glutes are getting stronger and I have gained about 5 pounds since January.  I think the large majority of this weight gain is muscle.  Normally I would freak out gaining that much weight but I've gotten a lot stronger on the bike and I know it's the muscle gain that's helping me.  I have about 3 weeks more PT before I can start running again.  Strangely, I don't miss it anymore.

I'm loving my new TT bike and the mental and physical change it has brought on.  I feel like I attack my bike rides now and use more power.  I also am spending more time in the aero position.  Definitely looking forward to doing some racing in the next couple of weeks and testing out how I feel cycling 56 miles after swimming 1.2 miles.  After the races, my running can start again and I'll be able to slowly put the pieces of the puzzle together and see if they work.

This has not been the path I ever imagined I would take doing an Ironman.  It's very unconventional.  Let's see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment