Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Week 26: Halfway there

Halfway there and it's time for tri season to start and for me to do 2/3 of a Half Ironman.  Two weekends in a row.  Gulf Coast and then REV3.  I'm so nervous and excited and pumped about racing again.

There is nothing like racing in a triathlon. It's such a rush and such a wonderful mix of emotions that pour over me during the 3 different sports and the transitions. 

As usual, my stomach is in knots and I'm having a hard time eating this week.  I think of the race...go through the course in my mind.  Lay out all my gear and nutrition.  And train at a slower easier pace.  I get testy...and antsy and lazy.  I set my goals.  And take a deep breath and begin the journey.

This time it's much different.  It will only be swim and bike...yet these distances are much farther than I have raced before.  And I like the idea of getting in a groove and finding out what it feels like to race long.

I love the time before a race.  I like watching all my friends and teammates and fellow triathletes get ready to start.  I like the way the air feels around me.  The electricity that is present.  I like the shared feeling of looking into a stranger's eyes before a race and connecting with them and knowing what's about to transpire.

I truly can not imagine my life without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment