Friday, March 4, 2011

Week 17: In my head?

They say you should always spend the most time training your weakest sport in triathlon.  Mine is the bike.  And I feel like this year I have already made great strides.  But I do get stuck pretty badly in one area.  Riding aero on my road bike.  Matt Cole installed aero bars on my bike for me.  And I CAN ride aero and I do think the fit is good and I am comfortable.  But NOT all the time.  It usually takes me a good 30-45 minutes of warming up on the bike before I will go aero.  And most of that warmup is truly a mental one.  It's very weird to me that last week on the comet, I was actually SCARED of getting into aero for the first hour, but then the second hour I was SO comfortable that I could hit bumps or pass people in tight areas, and it didn't bother me at all.  I'm not sure what that is all about.  I do know that when I watch tris, people who ride aero do so almost the entire ride.  I'm pretty sure I'll get over it...and I do wonder if riding aero on a TT bike is more comfortable than my setup.

So perhaps this was a boring post for the week...but I hope 6 months from now I will look back on it and giggle because aero seems completely natural to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment